Well we were well and truly blessed with such a dry April, isn’t it great when you don’t need to clean your bike after every ride? The mudguards are now well and truly deactivated but I haven’t been brave enough to put the bib tights away just yet. Let’s hope that May brings us some warmer temperatures and we can all start to treat our limbs to a bit of fresh air.
I hope that you find this email useful, in the way of an update, for all that is happening in your club throughout the month of May:
- Saturday Café ride – this ride will continue to roll out from Lichfield Rugby Club at 0900 every week with 2 ability groups. Café stop will move back to Rosliston Forestry Centre as and when they decide to reopen.
- Wednesday Chain gang – Departs from the Sittles/Arboretum at 1830 and will be the full route from Wed 5 May until further notice. A top end training session for those wanting to get stronger & fitter.
- Friday Curborough track training session – Adult training session 1830 – 1930 (gates open at 1800). Sessions in May will be held on 7 May and 21 May. A great opportunity to practice your cornering skills in a safe environment. Ride over and come and see what it’s all about, you can dip in and out of the session, it’s just a bit of fun. A fantastic facility so let’s use it.
- St Giles Sportive – Sun 23 May – 27 or 52 or 76 mile route – £27.00 entry – Enter Team LCCC and opt for 0800-0830 start time. As a club we are supporting this event and hoping to have enough riders to form groups (of 6 riders). If you are interested you can enter here – https://www.stgileshospice.com/how-you-can-help-us/fundraise-with-us/our-events/cycle-spring/
- Youth Races – A big thank you to all those that supported the first of the youth races on 24 Apr. The next date on the calendar is Sat 22 May please get in touch if you are able to come to Curborough and help out – thank you.
- Adult Races – The dates for the Friday night Adult races (Cat 3 /4 and ladies) have now gone live on BC – 28 May; 11 Jun; 25 Jun.
- Youth Coaching – continues to attract good numbers and now takes place on both Tue and Thu evening, there is more information available on the website – https://www.lichfieldccc.org.uk/
The club membership currently stands at 132 members and all LCCC Rides and training sessions are for club members only. We have warmly welcomed a number of new members that have already become one of the ‘regulars’ on our weekly rides. As we have now re-established the key rides in the weekly schedule we will continue to build on the new ideas that the committee are working hard to introduce….watch this space.If you have any questions or suggestions, please get in touch – firstname.lastname@example.org.